Yep!!! We are expecting!!!! We are thrilled to be able to give Aden a sibling. We announced this to friends and family about a week ago and we've been getting a lot of the typical questions, how have you been feeling?, was this planned?, What does Aiden think about it? etc. So I decided to post about it here.
Yes, we have been trying to get pregnant for at least 6 months, since we had to see a Fertility Dr. to get pregnant with Aiden, we started there first this time. We started with the prescription Clomid (it helps the ovaries produce eggs) which was what I used when I got pregnant with Aiden. We tried that for about 4 months when we figured out it wasn't working. Since it wasn't effective they upped my dose to the highest it could go which brought a lot of side effects (nausea, mood swings. etc.) We were able to see through ultrasound that the higher dosage was working. It was really difficult but I stuck with the high doses for a couple months. The last month, I took my first of four doses for that cycle and I decided that I couldn't do it anymore. I was feeling horrible and crying for hours so we decided to stop and reevaluate things. I struggled with the idea that Aiden might be an only child. We knew I couldn't continue to take the clomid and didn't know how much longer we could afford to keep trying and/or if we could afford to take more aggressive measures (we already racked up a pretty large bill with the Dr already since this wasn't covered by insurance).
I tried to take my mind off the baby topic by planning and booking a family cruise. I've always wanted to take a cruise to the eastern Caribbean so we thought, "what the heck? lets do it" Although we couldn't really afford it, sometimes you have to splurge!! A few weeks later (before a missed period) I decided to take a pregnancy test. I didn't have high hopes that I would be pregnant because I didn't take the necessary meds for that cycle but I had to test anyways. The test came back with a second faint line. I was literally shaking because I was so excited. I told Aiden that we had to go to the store to get a new test, his reply was "No, I want to play!" I was in no mood to reason with him so I told him, "get in the car, I'll buy you candy!" He didn't need anymore explanation, he was off to the car. lol!!
I came home, took the second pregnancy test, and there it was again!!! Two lines!!!!!!!!
Z was asleep because he worked the night shift but I had to wake him up. I woke him up and told him I thought I was pregnant. I think his first response was, "huh?" or "what?". He was a little groggy after a couple hours of sleep!! Once it sank in, of course, he was SO excited!!!!
Around week 6, the nausea kicked in, I only threw up a couple times, but I felt nauseous all the time. It was way worse then when I was pregnant with Aiden.I'm almost 12 weeks now and I still get nauseous, hopefully that will end soon. I also was exhausted which is typical but with Z working all the time training for his new positon, I hardly got any breaks to rest. I also had a lot more stress in the first trimester this time than my last pregnancy and along with the stress came bad stomach cramps which really really scared us! Luckily, because we were seeing out fertility specialist, he monitors through the first trimester and he likes to do ultrasounds every 2 weeks. So we got lots of pictures and every time I was worried by the cramps, we had an ultrasound to comfort my fears. Yesterday was my last ultrasound with my Fertility Dr. It felt so good to "graduate" (as they called it) to my regular OBGYN. It means the risk of miscarriage is diminishing greatly!! woohoo!
Here's a few of the ultrasounds pictures (sorry about the quality, Im lazy and didn't want to scan)
About six weeks, that circle is the "yolk sac" which is bigger than the actual baby
About 9 1/2 weeks, it's starting to look more like a baby
Our last ultrasound, about 11 1/2 weeks. This is my favorite, look at that leg!
Also from my last ultrasound, my alien baby

No comments:
Post a Comment