I feel like the decision to skip a Birthday party this year resulted in a bunch of small celebrations. Aiden had 3 birthday lunches, one while we were visiting the train museum, one with my sister yesterday before he picked out his pet fish and one today on his actual birthday. That's more ice cream than he's had almost his whole life!!!
Yesterday, my sister and I took Aiden out to lunch and then to Petsmart to pick out his pet fish. He didn't know he was getting fish, we kept that a surprise. He LOVES his fish. He picked out 5 goldfish (even though I tried to steer him towards a Beta fish) and gravel and decorations for his tank. He named his goldfish, tractor, car, gold one, tree and little tree (can you guess what he was looking at when he named them? lol) He was so excited to get them home and put them in their tank. He held the bag of fish in his lap the whole way home, every bump he would ask the fish if they were ok and then tell me, "they're ok mom!" Such a sweet boy!!! When we filled up the tank, we had to let the fish float on top in their bag so they could get used to the water temperature. Aiden decided that they would like to hear a story while they were waiting so he picked out a book and "read" it to them.
He loves feeding his fish and looking at them. I'm not sure if they feel the same love towards him as they always swim to the back corner when he peers inside. :)
Today is his actually birthday. Last night Z and I decorated the hallways with balloons and hung streamers from his door so he would be surprised when he woke up. At the end of each balloon I tied a toy animal so we could tell Aiden that his animals got him balloons. We decorated the kitchen table with a happy birthday table cloth and hung other birthday decorations up. We set up his brand new toy train on the floor in the living room so it was ready to be played with when he woke up.
When he woke up I heard some noise in the hallway then he came into our room looking a little alarmed and said that his animals were stuck on balloons. I explained that they weren't "stuck", they were giving him balloons. Aiden liked that idea but still wanted the animals "unstuck". We untied each animal from each balloon and Aiden thanked each one for giving him a balloon.
He played all morning with his train. His animals took turns riding the "Aiden Express". That train seemed to get louder and louder each hour...I'm starting to regret this gift! :) Z had to work so we met him for lunch at Red Robin. They gave him a birthday dessert and sang him a song. He happily clapped his hands along with the song.
Another great birthday for Aiden!!
Giving the fish a hug!
hallway and door decorations
new train
kitchen
playing with his train for the first time
kinda excited!
Blowing out the candle on his birthday doughnut
Ice cream lunch
No comments:
Post a Comment