Saturday, September 21, 2013

Aiden's first day of preschool

Well it happened, the day I've been dreading since Aiden was born...his first day of preschool. We dropped him off this morning for his first day at Windmill. He'll go Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30am-11:15am. We've been talking about preschool, playing preschool with his animals and reading books about the first day of preschool for about a month and it seems like it may have helped. He didn't cry at all when we left. He was the first kid in the door, he washed his hands and sat at the table where his name tag was located and traced his name as instructed by the teacher. I said goodbye first, I kissed him and gave him a high five and then Z did the same. I saw a brief moment of fear on his face when he realized we were leaving but it quickly passed and he continued to trace his name. The facility has cameras that cycle trhough the different rooms in the lobby. We stayed and watched two quick glimpses into his room. In the first glimpse, he was still sitting in his seat but he was looking around (we could only see the back of his head) in the second glimpse he was back to tracing his name. So, it looks like he is doing ok. I hope it lasts all morning! As I'm sitting here typing, it's onlu 9:48 and it seems like I dropped him off hours ago!!!I just want to go pick up my baby!! :( Here's some pictures from the first day of preschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment