We just got back from a Caribbean cruise and it was AH-MAZ-ING!! We flew to Puerto Rico and cruised to 5 different Caribbean islands. We had so much fun and did so many fun things that I'll probably break it into a few posts.
Ziyad and I have been on a cruise together before, we went to Key West and Cozumel. I also have been on a cruise with my sister to Nassau, Grand Turk and St. Thomas. Being pregnant and having a three year old on this cruise, I suspected it would be a little different than what we had experienced in the past. I was a little nervous to cruise with Aiden, I had so many worries about him falling off the boat especially since we had a balcony room. I had so many conversations with him prior to the cruise about not leaning over the rails and the dangers of falling into the ocean that I think I freaked him out a little, which I was ok with. On the plane ride to Puerto Rico, he talked about waiting to go into the ocean from the beach and not jumping off the boat to get into the ocean because that is dangerous! LOL! I agreed that was a good idea.
The plane ride from Denver to Puerto Rico was a long one with a connection in Charlotte, North Carolina that we almost missed.We had to literally run from one plane to another. Our total travel time (in the air) was about 6 hours and Aiden, once again, amazed us. He did so well. He read books, watched train DVD's and took a nap. Not one complaint from him!
We arrived in Puerto Rico late around 10pm so once we got to the hotel, we went straight to bed.
The next morning we had a few hours to see Puerto Rico because our cruise didn't leave until 10pm. We walked around the area and Aiden enjoyed playing in the ocean and eating ice cream on the beach.
San Juan, Puerto Rico


No comments:
Post a Comment